Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Organic Forrestry at Chatham Marketplace


Biologist turned artist Forrest C. Greenslade, PhD (http://www.organicforrestry.com/) will exhibit a selection of paintings depicting local  scenes in the CafĂ© at the Chatham Marketplace (http://chathammarketplace.coop/) during the month of April. There will be a meet the artist wine and cheese reception on Saturday April  13 from 1 to 3.

Bynum Bridge, a relief painting in modeling paste and tarnished metals
"I was that kid you could always find turning over rocks in streams, looking for what wonders nature would disclose to me," says Greenslade. His curiosity about the natural world, led him to a life as scientist and organizational executive. Now in retirement, Dr. Greenslade is again doing what he did when he was ten years old -- turning over rocks and sculpting and painting the wonders that nature discloses.

"I lived a serious life, but now in my dotage, I am just letting the kid out again, " Greenslade smiles."It's more fun than an old guy deserves."

Greenslade’s latest book, Visitations: A Nature-Lover’s Journal (http://www.blurb.com/b/3301641-visitations-a-nature-lover-s-journal?utm_source=badge&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=140x240) will on view at the reception.

April 13th is also the opening day for the Marketplace Farmers Market.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really attention-grabbing, You're an excessively professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to in quest of extra of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your website in my social networks

Feel free to surf to my website: brightonlaserclinic.co.uk